Image Map

11 Tips to Get You Out of the Doldrums


Nothing groundbreaking here and nothing you haven't already seen on a million other blogs, but it doesn't help to have a reminder!

1. Don't wallow in bed. Get up. Shower. Get dressed and you're ready to take on your day. Even if I don't plan to go out that day, I always put my make-up on (can't live without it) cos then I'm ready to take on whatever the world throws at me.

2. Make someone smile. Compliments go a long way for everyone involved.

3. Watch a silly comedy or one of your favourite movies (but make sure it's a light-hearted one!).  Clueless never fails to put me in a good mood (as well as make me feel like I can take on the world).

4.  Go for a walk. There's nothing like feeling the sun on your face, or even just breathing in the outside air.

5.  Write about it. Maybe even start a blog.

6.  Put happy music on and dance like no one is watching.  This light exercise will also definitely get the endorphins going.

7.  Read your favourite blogs for a quick happy fix.

8.  Have a cup of tea.  There's nothing that a cup of hot milky tea can't fix.

9.  Make exciting plans for the weekend.  Or start planning a weekend trip or holiday of a lifetime, even if you won't be taking it for a while.  The thought of travelling ALWAYS puts me in a good mood.

10.  If you or someone you know has pets go and spend some time with them.  Spending time with animals has been proven to reduce stress and anxiety and instantly get the endorphins going.  And who couldn't resist such CUTIES?!

11.  Sniff something wonderful.  Light your favourite candle, bake a cake, take fresh laundry out of the dryer, make a pot of coffee.  A delicious or fresh smell always puts me in a dandy mood.

... and then there's always ice cream. The pics above are of my mom's ice cream-themed cake. No real ice cream used here. The scoops are actually frosting covered in hardened white, dark and pink chocolate.

Do you have any tips to share?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for dropping by! Your comments always put a smile on my face!