Image Map

The Pumpkin That Never Was...

Frances, the Pumpkin

If you're an avid blog reader like myself, you will know that we are constantly encouraged to write gratitude lists. The thing I am grateful for this Wednesday is the pumpkin we failed to carve for Halloween.  Admittedly, it's sad that Frances has failed to live out her potential as a scary carving but I have so many more plans for her.

Pumpkins are NOT easy to find here in Greece.  And I've been hankering for one ever since the beginning of October.  I finally tracked one down in the hope that hubby and I would carve it together.  Work got in the way and we never got round to it.  But the real reason I've wanted a pumpkin for so long is because I've wanted to make yummy foodie things with it.  

And that's just what I'm going to do with this beauty!

Dear Mrs. Pumpkin, why would you want to turn into a scary carving when you could turn into a pumpkin risotto?!

P.S. - I've been having LOTS of fun with picmonkey.com this Halloween....

Do you have any pumpkin recipes to recommend? Please share!

*****