Image Map

An Autumnal 3 Course Meal: Ready to Go!

It was hubby's birthday last week and I thought I would treat him to a nice homemade romantic meal at home.  In London, I would often return from work to a gorgeous 3 course meal he'd planned throughout the day (he's a sweetie like that!) and he's been going on at me for a while now about me doing the same for him (see, I'm not as romantic as he is).  So what better occasion than the day of his 33rd birthday?  

I often struggle to find all the recipes in one place for a 3 course meal.  Luckily, this time, I was completely inspired by Autumn.  I found a couple of gorgeous pumpkins and decided to plan my meal around those.  Behold below the results of my 6-hour day's hard work! Click through the titles to get to the actual recipes.

Unfortunately, I didn't have a chance to take any pictures, so all the pictures are from the sites where the recipe was found except for the soup which is credited to its source.



Click here for how to roast pumpkin seeds.
You can even serve this dish in a bread bowl but I was too chicken to try it!


Click here for how to make the Potatoes au Gratin.

Click here for how to make the Cream Cheese Frosting
I added a bit of cinnamon, nutmeg and even chilli to the chocolate mixture as I thought it would compliment the pumpkin and it worked a treat!
  
Happy week everyone! If you have any interesting Autumnal recipes to share, please do! 


*****

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for dropping by! Your comments always put a smile on my face!