Image Map

Giving Up

I decided to make a rather rash decision yesterday.


Photo taken by Me

If someone were to ask me what my favourite things are in the whole wide world, COFFEE would be somewhere at the very top of that list.  The heat, the milkiness, the smell...the caffeine.  Perfection in a mug.

As much as I look forward to that first cup in the morning, I have come to the horrid realisation that caffeinated coffee is not. good. for. me.  Maybe I'm getting older, maybe I just can't handle my caffeine any more but I've noticed a pattern whereby about 20mins after I finish the cup I start to feel very very anxious, stressed and restless.  A tightness in my chest overcomes me and I start getting crabby with those around me.  This is no way to be.  

So this is it.  Enough is enough and I'm cutting it out.

This is me announcing it to the world.  This is me holding myself accountable.  You are my witnesses and you will help me get through this.

Now to stock up on some caffeine-free herbal teas.


Have you ever given something up that you love? Was it just as hard?

*****

Follow me on Bloglovin' and Twitter

7 comments:

  1. Good luck and stay strong. When my stomach was acting up a few years ago I had to give up my regular strong coffee for a while. It was tough and bummed me out but was doable. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i get like that sometimes when i drink coffee but i notice it's when i haven't eaten. good luck to you. and hey there always half-caf!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I gave up coffee this year too.... it makes me sick to my stomach for some reason. Now and then I still get an occasional latte, though ;) I can't resist them!

    I am having Michelle Chang jewelry giveaway on my blog!

    http://brileeo.blogspot.com/2011/12/new-years-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I gave up pop a year and a half ago, cold-turkey. It was hard at first, because sadly I drank it about 3-4 times a day. But I started carrying around a water bottle with cold water and drinking more tea which helped.

    Good luck and keep with it. Set little markers for yourself - like "I've made it a week, no turning back". When I wanted to cave a month in, I'd be like "no way! I've made it a month" and kept challenging myself that way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my! Thats scary... I would have to say good bye to my favorite treat to if it was turning on me in that way. Good luck letting go and with the teas.

    Love & lollies... Jessa

    Confessions of the Cupcake Countessa

    ReplyDelete
  6. hmmm... that does seem rash ;)

    Psychologically, I suck at giving things up... the more I tell myself I can't have it, the more I want it. My mechanisms - telling the world and finding substitutes, both of which you're on to. Goodluck!

    www.hopeinhighheels.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for all of your support! I'm on to my second morning without coffee. It's very hard.

    Maria xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for dropping by! Your comments always put a smile on my face!