Image Map

Henry's First Birthday









 
Oh dear, I'm playing major catch up this week. Henry's first birthday was almost exactly a month ago on March 8. It was such a special day and so lovely to see him playing with all his little friends. My mom did such an incredible job with the cake, favours and decorations. That mini burger you see up there, is actually a brownie sandwiched between two pieces of cake, topped with coloured cream cheese. They were HEAVENLY!

I can't quite believe how much he's grown and changed over a single year. He's gone from a newborn to a little boy in just 12 months. It's been amazing to watch him grow and learn new skills; and it's been such a joy to fall even more in love with him with every month.

In other news, I've decided that blogging daily (or even every other day) is not really my style. Managing a restless toddler, and an even more restless bump, leaves me very little time to do the things I used to do in my free time. So this is what I'm going to do: I'll be posting once a week to recap on everything we got up to and then I'll be posting interesting links of a few of my favourite things. 

Some of my favourite blogs have this simple template and I just love being able to read them quickly and at the same time get so much out of the posts.

So without further ado, here are a few of my favourite things:
_________________________________________________________________

Movies & TV: The Wrap's 8 Under-the-Radar Summer Movies.

Music: I am obsessed with The Departed soundtrack on Spotify. (Hot tip: it features the song from the last ever scene of Breaking Bad: Baby Blue by Badfinger.)

Books: Interview with George R.R. Martin in Vanity Fair on how he plans to keep the Game of Thrones TV show from catching up to his books. I'm reading the series now and I'm obsessed!

Food: Jamie Oliver's '15-Minute Meals' cookbook is a god send. Delicious, nutritious, super fast food. The chicken with herb couscous is one of my faves.

Travel: One of my biggest dreams is to go glamping in the UK with all of Henry's cousins, aunts and uncles and grandparents.

Blog: I love the Smart, Pretty and Awkward and The Senses Five blogs for inspiring me to follow a similar blog format.

Etsy: Some of the prettiest scarves I ever did see.

Brain Food: Gratitude tops Time's list of things proven to make you happier. I wholeheartedly agree with the entire list.

Science & Tech: I'm loving learning my way around Adobe's Lightroom 5. This tutorial video is a must for beginners.
_________________________________________________________________

FYI, I'm doing the #100happydays photo challenge on Instagram and it's loads of fun. I'm MarsCW if you want to follow or play along!

Have a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for dropping by! Your comments always put a smile on my face!