Image Map

Letting Go

Two nights ago was the first night Henry slept in his own room. It was a decision I've been putting off. But at almost 6 months old, it was time. I love watching him sleep next to us. He's so peaceful. Like a little angel. And I love waking up to him every morning. He'd usually be awake before us (and, dare I say, even wake us up), chattering away to himself for an hour or so. There is no sweeter sound in the world. Having him sleep next to us made my happy beyond belief, just knowing that the two most important people in your life are safe and asleep in the same room as you.

I keep having to remind myself that my little boy won't be a baby forever. As much as I would love to cuddle him and kiss him and squeeze him and have him forever in my arms, I have to remind myself that my job, as his mother, is to raise a responsible, loving, independent human being. And this means letting go. 

Good thing is, he's still tiny. So I can shower him with millions and zillions of kisses for a little while longer!


Was it difficult for you the first time you put your baby in their own room? How did you feel about letting go?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for dropping by! Your comments always put a smile on my face!