Image Map

Spring!


Actually, I think we've bypassed spring and gone straight into summer. Next week promises endless sunshine, blue skies and temperatures upwards of 25C. That's what I'm talking about!

We're planning on having a little date night on Saturday - leaving Bubs with my mom and treating ourselves to a Gold Class experience of Iron Man 3 (we're talking massive reclining chairs and champagne and nibbles brought to your seat. Honestly, there's no other way to watch a movie).

Next week is also our  Greek Orthodox Holy Easter week. I use this time as an excuse to eat a lifetime's supply of chocolate, followed by a big lamb feast on Sunday. If I think long and hard about it, I think this is my favourite holiday: chocolate, good weather, the longest bank holiday of the year (four days!), family, candles, bunnies, good food, coloured eggs... what more could you ask for?!

I'm not religious by any means, but I can't wait to instill the traditions of Easter in my son: dying eggs, church at midnight, eating sweet bread. Keeping these traditions alive in my family is religion enough for me.

What have you got planned for this weekend?

*****

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for dropping by! Your comments always put a smile on my face!