Image Map

LIFE OF PI and CLOUD ATLAS

I just have to share with you two trailers of movies based on books that I'm DYING to see.

I read both books in the same year and they instantly made it to my 'Favourite Books of All Time' list.




LIFE OF PI.  Directed by Ang Lee (Brokeback Mountain, Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon
 This version features Coldplay's Paradise which I believe is one of the best uses of music in a trailer (alongside Arcade Fire's Wake Up for Where The Wild Things Are).



CLOUD ATLAS. Directed by Tom Tykwer (Run Lola Run) and Andy and Lana Wachowski (The Matrix)
This is the extended version which features M83's Outro and which I think works so much better than the more recent shorter trailer.  At 5min42 secs this trailer can be considered a short film!

Any trailers setting your hearts a-flutter?

*****

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for dropping by! Your comments always put a smile on my face!