Image Map

The Last Weekend...


Today, it's hit me...

This is the last weekend hubby and I will spending on our own. My due date is fast approaching (March 8), and while there's a good chance our little bubba will turn up before then, he will not be staying cosied up with Mommy past that day. Whatever happens, we've scheduled an appointment for an induction on Friday March 8. We were recently told that our little guy has got his umbilical cord wrapped around his neck twice, and while the doctor is not worried about this at all (almost 50% of babies are born just fine with the cord wrapped around their necks) he's advised against going past the due date in case the extra weight gain causes complications.

So, this is it! We will definitely (all being well!) have a baby to cuddle this time next week. It probably sounds like I'm exaggerating when I say that it still hasn't sunk in, but I'm telling you, this is all so surreal! And yet, I really can't wait to meet this little companion of mine of the past nine months.

What will he look like? Who will he take after? What sort of disposition will he have? So many questions which will soon be answered. 

How did you feel when you were expecting?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for dropping by! Your comments always put a smile on my face!